2021 COURSE INFORMATION
- This short course runs over five days from Monday – Friday
- This course is for more advanced students who have some previous experience with woodwork tools and/or technical background with power tools. At a minimum, we ask that you have used or will be able to operate a power drill on your own.
- There are no prerequisites required and we encourage you to give it a try.
- The course is based on using melamine chipboard & other sheet material boards that are commonly used for kitchen and bedroom built-in cupboards.
- The course was designed to help students gain a better understanding of the built-in cupboard standards and processes in South Africa. Ultimately we aim for our students to confidently design, build and install cupboards, either as DIY projects or be in a better position to start their own business.
- During the course, students build a bedside unit to take home. This unit contains almost all the elements commonly found during a typical build.
- A list of essential tools is also provided, and during the course itself, the use of all of them needed is allowed. Students do not need to bring anything with them.
- There is also an emphasis on the use of computer software when designing cupboards, as well as using the software to produce cutting lists. The making up of such lists on a manual basis is also dealt with.
- Our aim is to put students in a position where they will be able, with some practice, to build both kitchen and bedroom cupboards on their own.
The cost of this course is R7 800-00, inclusive of all materials and the use of any tools needed. There is a R1000 deposit required to confirm your spot on this course.