All classes are conducted at our workshop in Paarden Eiland, Cape Town.
- This course, which runs over five days (Monday – Friday) has been offered by us for more than four years.
- A number of past students have gone on to open their own businesses, with success. It is also the correct installation of cupboards that defines the builder’s professionalism, and ensuring client satisfaction.
- The course has been designed to give concentrated attention to the skills and processes needed to design and build cupboards to professional standards. It will also expose students to the materials and techniques needed to successfully install built cupboards.
- In order to achieve this, it is necessary to give particular attention to detail, and there is a need to aim for absolute accuracy, as failure to do this can lead to expensive mistakes being made.
- During the course, students build a bedside unit to take home. This unit contains almost all the elements commonly found during a typical build. We can state that all of these units built over the last four years were completed to professional standards, and almost all of the students were novices when they started.
- A list of essential tools is also provided, and during the course itself, the use of all of them needed is allowed for. Students do not need to bring anything with them.
- There is also an emphasis on the use of computer software when designing cupboards, as well as using the software to produce cutting lists. The making up of such lists on a manual basis is also dealt with.
- Our aim is to put students in a position where they will be able, with some practise, to build both kitchen and bedroom cupboards on their own.
- The maximum class size is six, to ensure personal attention.
- Course also features a visit to a prominent supplier of cupboard hardware.
- The cost of this course is R7 800-00, inclusive of all materials and the use of any tools needed.
Weekday classes are held from Monday to Friday.
Each class runs full day from 9h30 to 15h30.
Next Starting Dates: